Okay, so today was a pretty not so exciting day. I woke up with the final remains of a headache from my last few days of flu and took my son to Jiu Jitsu class. I somewhat enjoyed my first coffee in three days while having my usual and very enjoyable conversations with the father of a couple of the other kids. On the way home Jaden asked if he could go to Grandma's, to which I responded, "I think she's at work"...but I dialed the phone for him and low and behold Grandma was at home and happy to have a visit. So off to Grandma's we went. By now my headache was gone, which after three solid days was a VERY positive thing. Had a nice visit at Grandma's house and played some Jenga Extreme....fun as it was I don't recommend it if you like straight things....the tower always looks crooked...lol. But we did have some good 'ol family fun playing that with Grandma and Suzanne. I then headed back to Calgary on my own as Jaden was staying for a sleepover, and headed to my good friend Trudy's house. I promised a beautiful wee girl a slurpee a week ago and figured I'd better make good on my promise. When I got to Trudy's place I was able to sneak into the kitchen undetected by the wee one and crouched down behind the counter. She was called into the kitchen to see what was there for her...she came around the corner and her eyes just lit up when she saw me...and no, the first words were not, "Aunty, where's my slurpee?" as it has been before...it was just plain "Aunty!" followed by a most wonderful hug. I handed her the slurpee which you would think was a million dollars if the look on her face came from you or I, and proceeded to read a book with my darling little niece. She sat beside me, leaned her head into my shoulder, looked me in the eyes and said, "I missed you." It was so beautiful. It is moments like those with the children of this world which create many of the positive moments in our lives. (And of course the words they pronounce such as, "Yes Mommy, I undermastand." LOL.)
So this my friends was day one of positives, the tail end of sickness falling away from me, the genuine fun to be had with family while playing childhood games, and the beautiful innocence of the young children in our lives. Conversations with good friends, and coming home to a quiet house, loyal puppies, and a cozy bed for a night of movies. :) Goodnight all!
No comments:
Post a Comment