Okay, so ...... a little late on the positing of day two....considering day three is almost over, but here it is. So yesterday was Sunday....sunday waking up without a child, and I woke up at 8:00 am....yup....8 on a sunday with no reason to get up at such an hour, but wide awake I was. No chance of getting back to sleep, so up I get. First positive...I actually felt well rested. Yay!!! So I grabbed a coffee and headed to my mom's work where she was starting her shift to pick up Jaden. Here is where the next positive comes along. Have you ever had the pleasure of locking your child in the trunk of a car? I HAVE!!! LOL. My mother got a new car last week and was showing my son the safety feature which is the latch in trunk should you ever for some reason get locked inside. Well...being the 10 year old boy that he is, he wanted to test it out. So in he climbed, and down went the trunk. I now know what it sounds like when someone is trapped inside the trunk of a car....you know, in case I should ever be walking down the street and hear some thuds and banging....I can now recognize that someone is in fact stuck in the trunk of their car and perhaps need assistance in their escape....this could save lives!! lol.
The rest of the day was fairly uneventful, came home to do some much needed laundry. I must say, with all the coverage regarding the devastation in Haiti, I am very thankful I have a safe home to return to, electricity, and running water in order to complete such tasks. I tidied my bedroom, completed my laundry and received a phone call from my beautiful neice. So now I have a lovely housegues who at the very TEEN age of 16 is comfortable enough to call me when she is in need, and knows she has a place to come to. This is a positive in itself because it makes me feel I have succeeded in starting to become the person I want to be...one who is inviting, helpful, and empathic...one who people are comfortable coming to in times of need.
Until later tonight...that is day two.
No comments:
Post a Comment