Day three....Monday....usually an "ugh!" to most, but for me it's not so bad. My schedule this semester is freakin' awesome! I get to sleep in on Mondays, how awesome is that?! This morning I got up, made a fabulous pot of coffee and brought a cup over to my neighbor. I thought I'd pop by and visit while he still had his daughter with him, (she's 3). So when I get there She decides she wants to watch 'Up'. I have never seen this movie before but have been told by many how good it is. I didn't have any intention of staying for the whole movie because I was a mess and had an afternoon class to get to.....buuuuuut......I got sucked in. At first I thought, 'what the hell kind of kids movie is this??? It's really sad!!' It made me sad because it reminded me of my own grandparents, and how in love they were through the many years they were together (over 60!)....that's not very common these days unfortunately. Anyway, then things start to get a little silly and I start to laugh, and before I know it the movie is over and I have to rush off to school....a mess!! So needless to say it was definitely a ponytail and hat day...lol. I had such a relaxing morning with good company, good coffee, and some good laughs.
The afternoon went on, I got to school, found a parking space no problem, which at my school these days is a HUGE positive in itself, and went to class. My three hour class felt like only an hour which means it was awesome...lol. After class (at 4:00), I'm thinking...'Crowchild is going to be screwed!! right in the middle of rush hour...sigh...maybe I'll try Sarcee...so I did...which happens to pass by my old workplace from before I went back to school. I still keep in touch with one person there, so I decided I would stop in to say 'hello'. I had such a great visit there! Not many faces are the same since I left, but I did see a few, and they are all the ones I still enjoyed seeing before I left. Fabulous people! I had such a nice little chat with my friend Lorna, and caught up with a few others while I was there as well. It was great, I'm so glad I decided to drop in. So I leave around 5:30 to head home and get dinner for the kids and I, I hit hardly NO traffic at all, and arrive home to find my son and my neice, believe it or not....IN THE SAME ROOM! Can you believe it? A sixteen year old and and 10 year old, hanging out, playing video games, listening to some tunes and most importantly getting along fabulously. We then had a little family meeting to discuss how things were going to be should things continue on this way and everyone was content and happy, and that.......that makes me happy! I went back to my neighbors to watch the hockey game....HUGE negative....joke of game that was....so moving on....game home and had a very well rested sleep. Hooray again! So until tonight my lovely followers, that was day number 3. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment